About Si-Hing Ryan Charman:
Martial Arts Experience:
I have been training in Chi Wai Kung Fu since 2007 when I was just eight years old.
I have since worked my way up to becoming a full instructor. I am passionate in all Martial Arts, both learning and furthering my knowledge and teaching and passing on my learning to others.
Martial Arts Ambition:
To help people develop in their Martial Arts experience, so they can feel safe and also develop their confidence, self-defence and self-esteem. Watching them working well with others from all walks of life.
I would also, one day, like to run my own academy to expand the club and help people understand that you do not need to be the strongest or the biggest person to learn Martial Arts.
My preferred technique is ‘Mantis Breaks Free’ because of the simplicity of the technique but also its effectiveness in defending yourself. It flows freely into other techniques to help you defend and gain control of your attacker(s).
I mainly prefer this technique as it doesn’t matter about the size of the attacker compared to the defender.
- Training with Chi Wai Kung Fu since 2007
- 3rd Degree Black Belt
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Certified (formerly CRB)
- First Aid ‘Appointed Person’
- Safeguarding – Introduction into safety in clubs Level 2
- Child protection in Sport & Active Leisure – Level 2
- Concussion Awareness – Level 2
- Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Physical Activity – Level 2
- Preventing Bullying in Sport – Level 2
- Safeguarding in Sport – Level 2
- Child Sex Exploitation in sport – Level 2