About Si-Hing Mel Charman:
Martial Arts Experience:
I first started Chi Wai Kung Fu in 2008 after my son persuaded me to have ago, and I haven’t looked back. It was also a good way of keeping fit because, in 1995, I had a heart bypass.
In my time at Chi Wai, I have progressed from white belt to 3rd degree black belt and I’m still learning.
In 2009, I started to help in the training side of Chi Wai as a SWAT member (aiding in teaching other students in a class), so I could help others and then, in 2016, I was graded to become a full instructor.
Martial Arts Ambition:
To see and help in the growth of confidence and self-esteem in other students and help them gain their black belt and beyond.
- Training in Chi Wai Kung Fu since 2008
- 3rd Degree Black Belt
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Certified (formerly CRB)
- First Aid ‘Appointed Person’
- Safeguarding – Introduction into safety in clubs Level 2
- Child protection in Sport & Active Leisure – Level 2
- Concussion Awareness – Level 2
- Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Physical Activity – Level 2
- Preventing Bullying in Sport – Level 2
- Safeguarding in Sport – Level 2
- Child Sex Exploitation in sport – Level 2