About Si-Hing Mark Thomas:
Martial Arts Experience:
To succeed in all that I do.
Chi Wai has helped me focus on what is important to me in my life. With this in mind, the future looks great. I would like to thank Sifu Lee Kent, Sifu Mark Burrows (my mentor) and Si-Hing Matt Paine in passing on their knowledge and helping me to achieve my goals.
Martial Arts Ambition:
To train a student up to and beyond 1st Degree Black Belt, passing on what has been taught to me fulfils the circle and underlines Master Sifu’s teachings of there is no ending, just progression. To pass on the teachings of Master Sifu to as many people as possible.
Not to be there in the first place!
However, an instep kick – this is effective and in most cases unseen. This then gives you time to escape or re-direct the thought process of a ‘would-be attacker’.
Link these together and it will redirect the flow of the attacker and give you time to make a break or counter the assault and may discourage further attacks.
- Training with the Chi Wai Academy since 1998
- 4th Degree Black Belt
- Si-Hing Instructor
- European Russian martial arts Cnctema under Vadimir Vasiliev since 2001
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Certified (formerlly CRB)
- St John’s Certified First Aider
- Qualified Fire Marshal
- Safeguarding – Introduction into safety in clubs Level 2
- Child protection in Sport & Active Leisure – Level 2
- Concussion Awareness – Level 2
- Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Physical Activity – Level 2
- Preventing Bullying in Sport – Level 2
- Safeguarding in Sport – Level 2
- Child Sex Exploitation in sport – Level 2