Chi Chong Yan Master Sifu Lee Kent
- Training began with boxing in 1984
- Martial Arts Training began in February 1987
- Master Degree Black Belt
- Founder of Chi Wai Kung Fu
- 4th Degree Black Belt – Bushido Zen Shindo
- Senior Dacayana Eskrima Uk & Europe Coach
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in Dacayana Eskrima
- Alicaway Knife Combat System Level 2 Instructor
- Jeet Kune Do(JKD) Kali Concepts Instructor
- Certified “Kung Fu Fitness” Instructor (Kickercise)
- Advanced Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Fitness Trainer
- Level 3 Nutritional Advice
- Level 2 Children’s Fitness and Activities Instructor
- Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Certified (Formally CRB)
- First Aid “Appointed Person”
- Child Protection Officer
Bong Sau – This is a simple block. Therefore less that could go wrong. The Bong Sau has a huge range of practical uses from blocking a standard punch to defending against weapons and most counters can just flow from it. To sum up, the Bong Sau, in my opinion, is one of the most versatile blocks going.
I began my training in 1984 within Boxing. I trained hard for 3-4 years gaining a title as Bournemouth Area Champion. During this time I found my true calling… Martial Arts!
I have been training in Martial Arts since 1987. During this time I have earned the grade of 4th degree black belt in a system called “Bushido Zen-Shindo”. I have also trained in other systems such as Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do (A Korean Art), Systema (The Russian Special Forces Combat), Budo Taijutsu (A Japanese System) and Escrima ( A Philippines System) and gained a number of black belts and coaching qualification in an array of other systems listed above.
Since 1991 I have been developing Chi Wai Kung Fu with the main emphasis on practical self-defence. This system is constantly developing and with the continued support of my instructors and students we continue our drive for Chi Wai to become a widely recognised and respected self-defence system.
Continue to grow Chi Wai into a widely recognised and respected system taught in all schools, if only the basics.
If everyone were taught the basics of Martial Arts and its basic codes of Honesty, Integrity and Respect then the world would be a much better place.
“The only way to fully understand Chi Wai Kung Fu is to experience its endless pursuit of excellence.”
“A Black Belt is just a White Belt that Never Gave Up”