5.45 – 6.30PM
Tuesdays to Fridays
4.45 – 5.30PM
10.15 – 11.00AM
The Chi Wai Black Belt Academy Little Dragon classes are conducted in a safe, controlled and enjoyable environment utilising a combination of Martial Arts and games to promote an increase in life skills such as self confidence, respect, discipline and honesty in every child.
All students are schooled not to use any of the martial arts that they learn in class inappropriately (so that they don’t become the bully) but to use what they learn when only absolutely necessary. In most cases the increase in self confidence and respect help the student to achieve in whatever their personal goals are, whether these are academic or social.
The students are expected to learn a student creed or code of conduct in which to live their lives by. This is the cornerstone on which the Black Belt Attitude is built upon.
The Black Belt is recognised by martial artists and non martial artists alike as the top award for training hard in martial arts. To achieve the Black Belt takes a positive attitude. With this Black Belt Attitude the student won’t just become a Black Belt in Chi Wai Kung Fu, but a Black Belt in school work, helping out around the home and being a nice person.
Some of the common games played in the classes that are used to teach different life skills include:
- Freeze Master/ Stuck in the Mud – which develops honesty, control, timing, fitness and agility.
- Ninja Raiders – which develops discipline, respect, honesty and concentration.
- Stepping Stones – which develops teamwork, balance, focus and core stability.
- Dodge Ball – which develops honesty, agility, focus, hand to eye co-ordination and fitness.
- Memory Game – which develops concentration, communication, memory, team work and focus.
The Martial Arts aspect reinforces all of the above life skills, but also helps the child to improve their co-ordination and ability to deal with certain situations and challenges.